All students interested in joining a Greek organization must complete the tutorial to be eligible to join. The tutorial takes less than 20 minutes to complete.
Are you thinking about joining a Fraternity or Sorority?
Take a look around the website to get some basic information. If you need more specific information feel free to contact us. Greek life is a great way to take your college experience to the next level. Cal Poly Fraternities and Sororities offer a wide variety of involvement on campus. Cal Poly Greeks raise and donate more than $50,000 each year to philanthropic organizations. Fraternity and Sorority members serve more than a combined 8,500 hours of community service to the county of San Luis Obispo. Greeks are involved in ASI, Sports Clubs, honor societies, academic clubs, student organizations, Week of Welcome, Open House, and Intramural Sports, just about any facet of Cal Poly has Greek involvement.
Cal Poly Greek Facts
- There are 36 different fraternities and sororities on campus.
- Greeks make up 20% of the Cal Poly Student Population, that's 3,600 fraternity and sorority members on campus.
- There are three Greek councils at Cal Poly: United Sorority and Fraternity Council (USFC), Interfraternity Council (IFC), and Panhellenic Council (PHA).
- The average Greek G.P.A. on campus is 2.93. See the council Grade Reports for specific council G.P.A.'s.
- The biggest Greek wide event every year is Greek Week, held in the spring. Greek Week events consist of:
|Penny Wars/Canned Food Drive||Blood Drive|
|Take Back The Night||The Habit Burger & Grill Fundraiser|
|Team Unity BBQ/Dinner||Soccer|
|Chipotle Fundraiser||Flag Football|
|Beach Day — Obstacle Course, Voleyball, Limbo, Tug–o–War||Petra Fundraiser|
|Guest Speakers||Lip Sync|